September 13, 2022 | By
We have so much to be grateful for! Gratitude has become more commonplace but sometimes takes a back seat to our daily life stresses. Being thankful is not always experienced as a natural state, we must work at it, but it has so many benefits! Practicing gratitude can strengthen our immune system, help us feel less lonely, and even encourage us to find compassion toward others. With September 21st being World Gratitude Day we’re focusing on this practice as our team shares what they’re most grateful for.
Dava’s Picks: Founder and Chief Creative Officer
- I’m feeling especially grateful for authors and independent book stores these last few years. Authors allow me the opportunity to escape into another world, learn something new, or just to be inspired. Small book stores narrow the very long list by curating a manageable selection of great reads.
Andre’s Picks: Associate Creative Director
- A sense of wonder, playfulness and storytelling links my personal and professional life. I’m grateful that the many years of playing Dungeons & Dragons with friends have given me some amazing tools that I use to stay creative, young, collaborative, and imaginative.
Eugenia’s Picks: Creative Project Manager
- Supremely grateful for the kindness in my life in the form of an empathetic partner, soulful and funny friends, and for my ever-evolving spiritual journey aided by books such as Carl Jung’s The Red Book, and Rudolf Steiner’s How to Know Higher Worlds.
Haley’s Picks: Creative Project Manager
- I’m extremely grateful for the love and support from all my family and friends as I made a big move to Seattle, WA. I have been able to meet wonderful new people who have welcomed me into their circle and have shown me some beautiful parts of the PNW.
- I am also grateful to my body for allowing me to move and explore new workouts. Inspire Pilates has a wonderful community and a killer workout!
Jane’s Picks: Senior Strategist
- Mentorship! I’ve been so incredibly lucky to have some fantastic mentors who have helped me understand my values and reshape my capacity to thrive. Becoming a mentor has also been one of the most rewarding experiences. Find opportunities at Big Brothers Big Sisters of America!
- Discovering meditation has changed my life. There are many platforms but I enjoy the Chopra App for its ease and catalog of meditations and challenges.
Suzanne’s Picks: Operations Leader
- I love to dance and am forever grateful for the wonderful teachers I’ve had over the years. A stand out program is Rhythm & Motion, particularly through the pandemic, where they made a tremendous effort to keep my dance community bonded through outdoor and virtual classes.
Elaine’s Picks: Designer
- I am grateful to Kanopy for keeping me entertained with its great selection of films. Kanopy is an on-demand streaming video platform free of charge with a library card or a university email address.
- I am thankful for my Hydro Flask water bottle for keeping me cool during this heat wave.
Meb’s Picks: Designer
- I am grateful to have joined the Flaming Lotus Girls, a legacy crew of badass women who’ve built large-scale flaming art in San Francisco for 22 years, for welcoming me in, teaching and training me, and letting me lead and own projects I never thought I could take on. We brought our new sculpture, Sea of Dreams, to Burning Man 2022, and I have never been more proud to be part of a crew.
Zili’s Picks: Designer
- I’m grateful to this amazing trainer Krissy Cela, for sharing excellent instruction and demonstration without all the vanity and ego lifting. Her video helps me change my mindset regarding working out and motivates me to train to feel better and live a healthier life.
Xiaoxiao’s Picks: Junior Designer
As always, if you’d like to collaborate with us, we would love to hear from you! Please reach out to email@example.com to connect.