October 13, 2022 | By
The weather is changing, seasonal favorites are at the market and people are meeting IRL again. Here’s what we are most excited about from food and festivals to cooking and shopping. What’s on your fall bucket list?
Dava’s Picks: Founder and Chief Creative Officer
- SF Open Studios, Oct. 22-Nov 13th, four weekends of art across the city. If you can make it for weekend 1 at the Shipyard it’s a nice way to park once and find art for hours. Grab a map and shop local.
- Fall is all about the squash and pumpkin variety but don’t forget about the roots. My favorites for fall are the beets, celery root, and sunchokes. But you can find more seasonal goodness on Foodwise (formerly CUESA) and at your local farmer’s market.
Andre’s Picks: Associate Creative Director
- All things Halloween! This is one of my favorite times of the year with lots of events. But why not give your inner child a good scare by visiting Fright Fest at Six Flags? Haunted houses, weird chainsaw chasing kids, and roller coasters in the dark. It’s happening all of October, so plenty of time to get your ghoul on.
Eugenia’s Picks: Creative Project Manager
Haley’s Picks: Creative Project Manager
Jane’s Picks: Senior Strategist
- October is the best month since I treat myself to nice restaurants and spa days for my birthday. My regular spots are the incredible Oaxacan spot Comedor. SO so so delicious.
- Halloween anything gets me lit up and if you want to get lit up by Halloween too, make sure you visit “Pumpkin Nights” in a city near you! With thousands of pumpkins and incredible shows, it spooks the regular hayride and pumpkin patch visit out of the running!
Suzanne’s Picks: Operations Leader
- While it’s cooling off in most spots, October is our Indian Summer and perfect time to dine at one of the city’s rooftop venues. A personal fave is the gorgeous Charmaine’s Rooftop Lounge at the Proper Hotel, dinner with a view.
Elaine’s Picks: Designer
Meb’s Picks: Designer
- Sunday Streets SF last event of the year is October 16. This open streets program aims to reclaim car-congested streets for community health, transforming them into car-free spaces for all to enjoy. Event routes are 1-4 miles in length, with fun, free activities provided by local nonprofits, community groups and small businesses.
Zili’s Picks: Designer
- Half Moon Bay Pumpkin Festival, Oct 15-16. This year’s Golden Anniversary of the festival features rustic pumpkin patches, harvest-inspired arts and crafts, homestyle foods, a haunted house, giant weigh-off champion pumpkins, world-class pumpkin carvers, the Great Pumpkin Parade and much more.
Xiaoxiao’s Picks: Junior Designer
- SF Cheese Fest! A one day festival, held October 22 this year, celebrating the delicious local bounty of California cheesemakers throughout the state.
Sol’s Picks: Design Intern
- Fall is all about sweaters, seasonal treats and scary movies. And what better way to watch your favorite Halloween classics than under the stars. Leave your couch behind and head over to The Cut Outdoor Cinema in the heart of downtown SF. This month’s schedule includes iconic favorites such as “Beetlejuice”, “The Shining” and “A Nightmare on Elm Street”.
As always, if you’d like to collaborate with us, we would love to hear from you! Please reach out to email@example.com to connect.