Summer, a time to unwind, enjoy more brain space and relax with a good book. Here’s what we’re reading this summer, something for everyone!
Dava’s Picks: Founder and Chief Creative Officer
- Remarkably Bright Creatures by Shelby Van Pelt and The Lonely Hearts Book Club by Lucy Gilmore. Both are about how people need people, community, and the support of those that listen deeper. If you like a Man called Ove, these are for you.
- Alchemy: The Dark Art and Curious Science of Creating Magic in Brands, Business, and Life by Rory Sutherland. I suggest listening to this one. Short chapters and Rory is a great story teller.
Andre’s Picks: Associate Creative Director
- Tomorrow, and Tomorrow, and Tomorrow by Gabrielle Zevin. This book jumped quickly to be one of the favorite books I’ve ever read. I cannot recommend it enough.
- Just Kids by Patti Smith. An amazing book written and narrated beautifully by the amazing author.
- Feck Perfuction: Dangerous Ideas on the Business of Life by James Victore. A must read for any creative.
Haley’s Picks: Creative Project Manager
- Local Women Missing by Mary Kubica. A page turner that I could not put down. One of the best suspenseful books I have read.
- A Flicker in the Dark by Stacy Willingham. Mystery meets thriller with loads of plot twists. You’ll have a hard time putting this one down.
Caity’s Picks: Creative Project Manager
- Sirens of Titan by Kurt Vonnegut. A compelling, satirical, dark and hilarious exploration of the true meaning of life. Consider tracking down old copies at used booksellers.
- Cannery Row by John Steinbeck. Set in Monterey County and known as one of Steinbeck’s best works of fiction.
Elaine’s Picks: Designer
- Kafka on the Shore by Haruki Murakami. Escape into the author’s magical world; complex, weird, yet alluring. Don’t expect the conventional.
Zili’s Picks: Designer
- Good Arguments by Bo Seo. This book tells the journey of a shy and introverted Korean immigrant child who found his voice through debate, eventually becoming a world champion. A highly practical and engaging book.
Xiaoxiao’s Picks: Junior Designer
- A Village of One Person by Liangcheng Liu. A poetic portrayal of plants, animals, wind, nights, moon and dream in a village from the angle of ‘an idle person’.
Sol’s Picks: Junior Designer
- Everything I Know About Love by Dolly Alderton. A hilarious memoir about growing up, entering adulthood, and the challenges of navigating love and friendship in your early twenties.
As always, if you’d like to collaborate with us, we would love to hear from you! Please reach out to email@example.com to connect.