As we head to the beach, swim in the ocean, and appreciate the great outdoors this summer it’s an opportune time to raise awareness about the increasing build-up of plastic waste that saturates our land and waters. Plastic Free July®, is a global movement that helps people be part of the solution to plastic pollution. The concept is simple: Participants are challenged to reduce their reliance on single-use plastics.
This July, join us in taking the Plastic Free Challenge: for the month eliminate one or more single-use plastic items. And you’ll see how easy it is to make that change a lasting one! Here are some of our favorite products and packaging that are specifically designed to replace plastic versions.
Dava’s Picks: Founder and Chief Creative Officer
- Seedlip is one of the many non alcoholic spirits that are oh so hot right now and we love their special gift packaging made of mushrooms.
- Everybody poops so why not help save the planet in the process. We love Who Gives a Crap both for its sustainable bamboo paper and the super cute paper wraps that they come in. No plastic here and pretty enough for a housewarming gift too. ($10 off if you want to try it out)
- Keep your breath fresh and your teeth clean with the zero plastic and refill products from Bite. This brand also reduced the impact of shipping by taking the water out. Looks good on the bathroom shelf, too.
Andre’s Picks: Associate Creative Director
- Lilybee ecofriendly reusable food wrap has been a go-to to replace plastic wraps in my daily food storage. They even have sandwich bags!
Jane’s Picks: Sr. Engagement Strategist
- Pack smarter and rescue more than 200 ocean-bound plastic bottles for reuse? Yes please! Travel company, Solgaard offers travel accessories focused on repurposing the world’s plastics and increasing travel ease. This Lifepack Endeavor with hanging closet repurposes 229 bottles and optimizes travel space while keeping items well organized!
Eugenia’s Picks: Creative Project Manager
- We 100% need a straw at all times for homemade summer drinks. These glass versions available through Mociun are as beautiful as they are functional.
Haley’s Picks: Creative Project Manager
- Wild One makes it easy to care for your four legged friends in an eco-friendly and fashionable way. Take advantage of giving your pup the best of the best!
Suzanne’s Picks: Operations Leader
Elaine’s Picks: Designer
- Keep your ears and the earth a little cleaner with LastSwab, a reusable and sustainable alternative to cotton swabs.
Meb’s Picks: Designer
- We love the new plastic free packaging for Native Deodorant. It’s entirely paperboard sourced from responsibly managed forests.
Zili’s Picks: Designer
Xiaoxiao’s Picks: Junior Designer
- The plastic-free Food Huggers food seal will keep your fruits and veggies fresh longer. It can also transfer cans, jars, and glass into a quick and easy well-sealed container.
Montana’s Picks: Design Intern
- I recently switched from shampoo bottles to shampoo bars to save on some plastic and easier for travel. These ones from Ethique are amazing and the packaging is very stylish, which is also completely compostable!
As always, if you’d like to collaborate with us, we would love to hear from you! Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org to connect.