Happy Pride Month! A joyful celebration of all the beautiful identities of our LGBTQ+ community. This month, join us in supporting independent brands led by the LGBTQ+ community. Here are some of our team’s favorite LGBTQ-owned brands and businesses. Try them out this month, fall in love and then enjoy all year round.
Dava’s Picks: Founder and Chief Creative Officer
- Hilda & Jessie, super delicious, joyful decor, and welcoming people, Hilda & Jessie should be on your regular rotation of where to eat in North Beach. Save room for the ridiculously fluffy pancake (best shared as dessert).
- We have collaborated with AF&Co and DPEM on a few projects over the years, but our favorite will forever be the many years we worked on Eat Drink SF. These amazing teams bring the Bay Area to life through consulting, PR and experience activations.
IG: @afandco / @dpemevents
- Hey Neighbor Cafe, tucked away at the end of Burrows Street in the Portola Garden District neighborhood, this cozy cafe serves delicious coffee, local toasts with seasonable toppings and hosts fun neighborhood gatherings.
Andre’s Picks: Associate Creative Director
- One of my downfalls is ice cream, and if you’re in SF, one of the most interesting and delicious places to try unique flavors is Humphry Slocombe. It’s a constant temptation whenever I’m near the Ferry Building.
Haley’s Picks: Creative Project Manager
- A staple in my daily skincare routine, Malin + Goetz has not only amazing products but a powerful focus on community. They are committed to doing better, today and everyday by spreading awareness and creating affordable, accessible, sustainable products.
Caity’s Picks: Creative Project Manager
- My favorite coffee company, Equator, is local, female and LGBTQ-owned. Brooke McDonnell and Helen Russell founded the company in 1995 out of a garage in Marin and it has grown far beyond that since. Like us, they’re B Corp Certified and committed to the highest standard of business ethics. Grab a cup from one of their many Bay Area locations!
Suzanne’s Picks: Operations Leader
- Ampersand, a botanical boutique in the Castro-Duboce district, is my go-to shop for everything floral. Using locally grown materials, they design gorgeous bouquets on the spot and also carry a lovely assortment of indoor plants in various sizes and home goodies. You can also rent the dreamy space for a private event!
Elaine’s Picks: Designer
- Check out TomboyX, a revolutionary brand that celebrates inclusivity and individuality. Founders Fran and Naomi believe in creating comfortable, stylish, and sustainable clothing for all body types and gender expressions.
Zili’s Picks: Designer
- CoupleT Coffee, founded by a LGBTQ couple, blends exceptional coffee with an empowering story. Celebrating their background, CoupleT Coffee creates extraordinary flavors while championing diversity and inclusivity.
- So Gay Rose is a delightful canned rosé founded by a trailblazing queer entrepreneur. So Gay Rose offers a sparkling journey of inclusivity and empowerment. Indulge in the exquisite taste of liberation with every sip.
Xiaoxiao’s Picks: Junior Designer
- Diaspora Co. is a queer, mission-driven business based in India and Oakland, California. They offer a wide variety of single-origin, fresh, and flavorful spices and are directly sourced from small organic family farms across India. Check out their spices if you look for flavor and aroma to change your culinary game.
- Roverlund is a collection of durable, design-forward travel gear for pets on the go. Their Out-of-Office carrier features an innovative 3-in-1 design: soft-sided pet carrier (airline compliant), everyday travel bag, and a mobile dog/cat bed. Now furry companions can join in on all your travel adventures!
Sol’s Picks: Junior Designer
- Farmhouse Kitchen is not your typical Thai restaurant. With locations in the Bay Area, Portland and LA, they focus on adventurous, bold flavors of traditional and non-traditional dishes using the freshest ingredients sourced from local farmers’ markets. Their dishes are not only beautiful but also delicious; the Hat Yai Fried Chicken with Yellow Curry is a must.
As always, if you’d like to collaborate with us, we would love to hear from you! Please reach out to email@example.com to connect.