October’s Top 13 | Boo-zy Spirits for Your Bar Cart
Happy October boos, ghouls and non-binary fiends…ok, now that’s out of the way, we can get past the cute spooky puns and get down to business; the business of cocktails!
Halloween marks the first American holiday in a 3 month succession of parties, gatherings, backyard BBQ’s, and galas that are marked by spirited celebration. Whether you enjoy “adult beverages” or craft your own boo-ze free spirits for these events, we’ve got some incredible, “can’t miss” suggestions for you!
The following products are sure to impress, and some are even pure cocktail magic.
Dava’s Picks: Founder and Chief Creative Officer
- SipSong Spring Gin – foraged flavors of Sonoma country in the Spring. @SipsongSpirits
- Bruichladdich 10 Year Port Charlotte – smoky in all the right ways! @bruichladdich
- Derrumbes San Luis Potosi Mezcal – made from a wild agave Salmiana, it tastes of green pepper/jalapeno and olives mixed with class mescal smoke. But really any wild agave mezcal will do. @mezcalderrumbes
- La Quintinye Extra Dry or Bordiga Extra Dry Vermouth – dress with ice or add gin for a lovely martini. @royalvermouth
Jane’s Picks: Sr. Strategist
- Calamity Gin – considered “Texas Dry” and infused with bluebonnets, the state flower. @Calamity.Gin
- Xicaru Pechuga Mole Mezcal – a true taste of Oaxaca with savory-sweet notes and rich mouth-feel. @xicaru_mezcal
- Cortas Rose Water – this non-alcoholic cocktail add in is the perfect hint of romance for any drink, even to sparkling water. A must-have bar cart bonus! @CortasFood
Suzanne’s Picks: Operations Leader
- Napa Valley Distillery – a Bay Area favorite, with their unique selection of artisanal, small batch spirits using old world techniques. A personal fave, Negroni Cocktail. @napavalleydistillary
- Yes Cocktail Company– made from scratch with next level, seasonal ingredients. Create the perfect mule with their Ginger Citrus mixer. @yescocktailco
Meb’s Picks: Designer
- St. George four-pack of mini gins – our fave is Mt. Tam, flavored for our local gorgeous landmark. @stgeorgespirits
- Empress Gin – made with butterfly pea flowers, it turns purple when acid is added; cocktail magic! @empress1908gin
Elaine’s Picks: Designer
- The Seven Stills Brewery & Distillery – a unique twist of whiskey with craft beer as the foundation. @sevenstills
Xiaoxiao’s Picks: Junior Designer
- Makku – a craft makgeolli beer with a soft, creamy body, and an addictive hint of sweetness. @drinksool
So what did we miss? This is absolutely an incomplete list but how do you cover a world of winners in just 13 products? We’ve gotta know, what’s haunting your bar cart this season? Have a special recipe for your favorite Mezcal Old Fashioned or a Gin version of a Mule that is to die for, let your friends at Noise 13 know!
And as always, if you’re looking to launch a product with sustainable packaging, want to give your brand a refresh to more accurately communicate your brand values, or have a special project that requires a “just right” approach for people and planet? We are here for you! Haunt us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll put our brains together to banish your branding zombies. Can’t wait to hear your screams (of delight)!